This policy applies to Barquer Training & Consultancy Ltd and its website www.barquertrainingconsultancy.co.uk
2.Who We Are
Here are the details that the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, known as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) says we have to give you as a ‘data controller’:
- Our Information Commissioner’s Officer registration reference number is ZA815531
- Our site address is www.barquertrainingconsultancy.co.uk
- Our company is Barquer Training & Consultancy Ltd, registered in England with its registration number 11173580 and its registered address at Grosvenor House, 11 St Paul’s Square, Birmingham, B3 1RB
- For any data protection queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3.What information we collect
We collect and process the following data about you:
- Identity data, including your name and similar identifiers.
- Contact data, including email address, postal address and telephone numbers.
- Financial data, including invoice details
- Transaction data, including details about payments to and from you and other details of services you have purchased from us or products / services we have purchased from you.
- Technical data, including IP address, geographical location, your login data, browser type and version, operating system and referral source.
- Usage data, including information on event logs generated from actions taken by the users on our system, how you use our website including length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your services use.
- Marketing and communication data, including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data. Aggregated data could be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
We will not specifically collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
a) you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
b) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
c) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
d) processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
e) processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
f) processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party such as our credit card payment processing, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including:
- Direct interactions when you purchase our services or make enquires or we purchase your products or services, you request marketing to be sent to you, enter a promotion or survey, or give us feedback or contact us.
- Automated technologies or interactions – we collect data by using cookies and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit our websites employing our cookies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources, including analytics providers such as Google and third party cookies from https://www.webtoffee.com/product/gdpr-cookie-consent/ , as well as identity and contact data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer is you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use and performance of our website and services. Google Analytics collects such personal information as IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. For more information on Google Analytics please visit https://privacy.google.com/businesses/compliance/
On information as to how to deactivate the use of third party cookies please visit the relevant third party’s website.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
5.How we use what we collect
We use information about you to:
- Present site content effectively to you.
- Provide information and services that you request, or (with soft opt-in following your purchase, your consent or if we have another lawful basis, such as legitimate interest) which we think may interest you.
- Carry out our contracts with you.
- Tell you our charges.
If you are already our customer, we will only contact you electronically about things similar to what was previously sold to you and you will be given an opportunity to opt-out and unsubscribe from further communications.
Please note: We don’t identify individuals to our advertisers, but we do give them aggregate information to help them reach their target audience, and we may use information we have collected to display advertisements to that audience.
If you don’t want us to use your personal data for any of the reasons set out in this section 5, you can let us know at any time by contacting us at email@example.com, and we will delete your data from our systems. However, you acknowledge this may limit our ability to provide our services to you.
In some cases, the collection of personal data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and we will be limited in the services we can provide you if you don’t provide your personal data in these cases.
Please find below further information as to the purposes and lawful basis of the personal data that we collect and process.
|Type(s) of data subject
|Categories of personal data
|Purpose of processing
|Customers, their employees and contractors
|Contact information, including Name, address, telephone number and e-mail addressCommunication data including e-mail communication, text and other messaging servicesFinancial data including some limited bank account and payment card detailsTransaction data including details about payments to and from customers
|Process orders, including invoices, payments and refundsProvision of services
|Necessary for the performance of a contract
|Customers, their employees and contractors
|Contact information, including name, address, telephone number and e-mail address
|Consent OR Soft opt-in in case of existing or previous users and those enquiring about our services
|Suppliers, partners, subcontractors and their employees
|Contact information, including name, address, telephone number and e-mail address; bank details
|To enable compliance with obligations under relevant contracts, including processing order, refunds, logging and payment of invoices.
|Necessary for the performance of a contract
|Contact information, including name, company name, job position, address, telephone number and e-mail address, including those available via business networking websites, such as LinkedIn
|Legitimate interests of all parties 1. The legitimate interests of both our company and our business contacts is to network in the context of business.2. It is necessary to exchange, keep and otherwise process contact information in order to network in the context of business. 3. There is normally a positive action taken by all parties to provide their contact details during networking with the expectation that such contact details, including personal data, may be used by the recipient for business networking.
6.Where we store your data
We will generally store your personal data within the United Kingdom and we may transfer your collected data to storage or companies based outside of EEA. It may be processed outside the EEA as may be necessary to provide our services to you, to fulfil your order and deal with payment, or if we have your consent.
We will only transfer your data to countries that are deemed to have an adequate level of protection of personal data by the European Commission; or we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe, such as Model Clauses.
By giving us your personal data, you agree to this arrangement. We will do what we reasonably can to keep your data secure including using such measures and backups of data and encryption.
Although we try to provide protection, we cannot guarantee complete security for your data, and you take the risk that any sending of that data turns out to be not secure despite our efforts.
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it. Our general retention period for accounting and legal reasons is 7 years but your data may be kept for shorter or longer periods of time, in accordance with our data retention procedures. In any event, we will conduct regular reviews to ascertain whether we need to keep your personal data. Your personal data will be deleted if we no longer need it.
7.Disclosing your information
We are allowed to disclose your information in the following cases:
- If we want to sell our business, we can disclose it to the potential buyer.
- We can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people’s property, safety or rights.
- We can exchange information with others to protect against fraud or credit risks.
We may contract with third parties to supply our services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, search engine facilities, web hosting, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. These are the third parties that have access to your information:
- Accounting companies, as may be required for our compliance with statutory obligations and financial calculations – identity, contact, financial and transactional data
- IT and hosting services providers, as may be necessary for the provision of their services to us – identity data, contact data, financial data, transaction data, technical data, usage data and/or marketing and communications data
- Payment processing companies, as may be necessary for the provision of their services – identity data, contact data, financial data and transaction data
- Banks, as may be necessary for the provision of their services to us – identity data, contact data, financial data and transaction data
- Insurance companies, as may be necessary for the provision of their services to us – identity data, contact data, financial data and transaction data
- Debt collection agencies, as may be necessary for the provision of their services to us – identity data, contact data, financial data and transaction data
- Marketing services and CRM providers, as may be necessary for the provision of their services to us – identity data, contact data and transaction data
- Telecommunication services providers, as may be necessary for the provision of their services to us – identity data, contact data, financial data, transaction data, technical data, and usage data
- Parcel tracking services providers, as may be necessary for the provision of their services to us – identity data, contact data and transaction data
- Other services providers, including law firms and documents services – identity data, contact data, financial data and/or transaction data as may be required for the provision of the relevant services
- Governmental authorities, as may be necessary in order for us to comply with statutory requirements and official requests – identity data, contact data, financial data, transaction data, technical data, usage data, marketing and communication data.
Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under GDPR and the law.
You can ask us not to use your data for marketing. You can do this by ticking the relevant boxes on our forms, clicking the unsubscribe link contained in our marketing communications or by contacting us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the GDPR, you also have the right to:
- request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us at no cost to you;
- request that your personal data be transferred to another person (data portability);
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- restrict processing;
- to object to processing of your personal data; and
- complain to a supervisory authority.
You also have rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling.
9.Links to other sites
Please note that our terms and conditions and our policies will not apply to other websites that you get to via a link from our site. We have no control over how your data is collected, stored or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
11. Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
We do not undertake any automated decision-making, including profiling.